View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 01:19 PM
Cantetagrum
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I went out and got pizza because of that picture. I haven't had pizza in so long. But it wasn't as good as Artichoke Basille Pizza which is thin crust and yummy.

I think the picture was definitely from today. Today is Remembrance Day in London because it is celebrated the 2nd Sunday, closest to the 11th.
To give a time frame on this. Poppies are worn from the beginning of November. so this could have been anytime in that window. Definitely on the 11th and always on Remembrance Sunday. Everything stops for 2 mins on both days at the 11th hour. If you want to get the dirtiest of looks. Speak during those 2 mins.

We remember our war dead. Our soldiers, sailors and airforce who gave their lives for us. It is not in any shape or form, a celebration of war!

BTW Our rugby players are particularly patriotic and Max Evans is a very proud Scot. His brother Thom (that is the correct spelling) nearly died of a broken neck, sustained in a six nations match between Scotland and Wales. Both brothers played for Scotland at the time. I remember seeing this match and it was really scary. Rugby is the physicalness of American gridiron without the body armour.