View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Slayerette89
Obsessed Fan

She really was.

Finished the season.

- My hatred for the season has evaporated, I think. Still hate the Lorelai/Rory split, but it’s easier to swallow when you binge watch through it.

- Still hate the unnecessary, forced LL drama too. They’ve written them as a couple so well last season and they should have just continued that. I understand they might have wanted a conflict, but they didn’t come up with a compelling or convincing one.

- I can see why Lorelai was uncomfortable with her lack of involvement with April, but I really don’t like her behavior in the finale at all. Luke was right imo. It was an ultimatum and it really wasn’t fair to him. Also, the hypocrisy of “You're gonna have to figure out how April fits into our lives, not the other way around,” when Luke fully respected her decision to set the date after she makes up with Rory, though she had no idea when or how that might happen and Luke was worried about their future at the time too. I hope that was bad writing or spur of the moment thing, because Lorelai isn’t usually so extremely selfish.

- Not a fan of retconing CL history in that car scene in the finale. They made is seem like she never really loved Christopher at all, which is not how they wrote it s1-3. s5 they actually did a great job showing that her feelings have changed and she loves Luke now, especially 5.13. The “I don't think I never really loved anyone, until Luke“ was completely unnecessary.

- CL are my favorite romantic relationship on this show, but I think revisiting them (especially as anything more than a one night stand) is completely pointless. She loves Luke now and she knows it.

- I’m also still hating that all men the Gilmore girls ever dated are forever obsessed with them. Max, Dean, Jess… let them move on. Jason also had a terrible ending.

- Speaking of Jess, it was nice seeing him back and at a happier place in his life. His development happened off screen, but it was nice to see the glimpses of the person he’s become anyway. I like this sl not only because I love the artsy-character-does-art trope, but because they also wrote it the just way I like it - independent publishing house full of colorful characters who aren’t necessarily as amazing as they think are but who try + a book that isn’t some trashy best seller or necessarily the future literary classic, but that Jess put his whole being into.

- Rory getting back on track was probably my favorite thing to watch this season. 6.09 is a particularly good Rory ep imo. So is 6.13.

- Much though I hate the eps in which Lorelai/Rory aren’t talking, I appreciate the overall story with Rory learning first hand why Lorelai has issues with Richard, Emily and their world.

- 6.13 is one of the show’s overall best eps imo. Great for the Gilmore family dynamic focus.

- Can’t believe I’m going to say this, but after rewatching the Rory/Logan/bridesmates thing, I kinda see his point more than I originally did. I believe he really did think they were broken up. With that said, if I was Rory, I’d still be worried about his ability to be in a monogamous relationship. Because, as Lorealai rightfully pointed out last season, it might not be his thing just like casual dating wasn’t hers.

- Logan’s bonding with Chris and Luke was cute. Enjoyed both the ep where he met Chris and where he are Rory went away with Lorelai and Luke.

- Speaking of Logan, I love him, but he was such a jerk in 6.08. There was zero reasons to treat Jess like that.

- Speaking of jerky behavior, Zach was insufferable in 6.10. First he’s completely insensitive to Lane. Then he gets mad at Brian’s attempt to make her feel better (points for Brian there btw). Finally, he trashes the stage (aggressive much?), hence ruining their chances with the label.

- I’m so not a fan of marriage for Lane. Would have preferred they didn’t go there. But I have to admit the way it was written was super cute and funny, so I could enjoy it at some level at least. The way Zach proposed to her, the way he got the permission fom Mrs. Kim (them writing a hit, lol), the double wedding (so Mrs. Kim is a rebel of a sort, defying her mother’s religion; who would have thought), the after party (cute how they briefly showed Brian/Lane’s cousin romance that they hinted at back when the band visited Mrs. Kim’s party).

- Rory and Lorelai talked about the priest incident! Happy they clarified that it was in fact an intimidation tactic on Richard and Emily’s part.

- When Paris moves, so does her Chomsky poster. Cute.

- Lol @ Emily playing a matchmaker for Chris.

- Lol @ Lane briefly becoming intimidating to the customers in Mrs. Kim’s shop when she was upset over the band and Zach. She and Luke have more in common than they think.

- Lol @ Paris’s short lived time as the Yale Daily News editor.

Fave dialogues
Quote:
LORELAI: You do understand, you'd basically be cutting Mom and Dad off.
RORY: You don't know what it was like to be living there.
LORELAI [insulted]: Hello, oppressed one, class of eighty-five!
RORY: But you got out.
LORELAI: No, no. You were only there for three months. You're not in my league. We can't swap war stories yet.
RORY: They had their Reverend come over to talk me out of having sex. They never did that to you.
LORELAI: Five times they did that to me! The last time they triple-teamed me with a priest, a rabbi and a Mormon missionary. I made so many jokes that night, I should have had a microphone and a brick wall behind me. And I never got a forty thousand dollar sex house.
Quote:
LUKE: What are you doing talking to him? (as they enter the diner)
APRIL: He asked about my bike.
LUKE: You don't talk to him, you don't know him. He could be a strangler.
APRIL: He seemed to know you.
LUKE: Yeah, of course. That's Jake. I've known him fifteen years.
APRIL: You've known a strangler for fifteen years?
LUKE: He's not a strangler.
APRIL: Then why can't I talk to him?
LUKE: Because you didn't know that. Don't trust anyone, OK? Anyone.
APRIL: OK (puts her bike helmet on the counter), then I should go lock my bike. (starts to exit but Luke stops her)
LUKE: No, you don't have to lock it.
APRIL: You just said I can't trust anyone.
LUKE: You don't have to lock your bike. This is a safe town.
APRIL: Well, I'm confused.
Quote:
LORELAI: He's completely in shock, and he's trying to handle it the best way he can.
SOOKIE: Drinking?
LORELAI: No.
SOOKIE: Xanax?
LORELAI: No. He's trying to be a father, and I applaud that.
Quote:
RORY: Check it out. [The look in to a class room from a doorway] I had him for microeconomics last year.
PROFESSOR COPPEDGE: The currency must be more than fungible, but also scarce. Take our seashells example. While fungible, they exist in infinite supply and so fail the scarcity test.
CHRISTOPHER: [Snoring]
RORY: Dad!
CHRISTOPHER: Huh? What? Uh, uh, fungible?
RORY: Dad, that's a Nobel-prize winner.
CHRISTOPHER: The dull dude?
RORY: Shh!
CHRISTOPHER: He doesn't even own an iron.
RORY: I can't take you anywhere.
CHRISTOPHER: No, you can't, can you?

Quote:
RORY: Paris, the paper's not gonna come out.
PARIS: Of course it is.
RORY: How? Nothing's done.
PARIS: I'm working on it.
RORY: Alone?
PARIS: I can do it alone. I've been doing it alone for months. No man is an island, but this woman is.
Quote:
PARIS: You, Logan Huntzberger, are nothing but a two-bit, [he tries to push past Paris] spoiled waste of a trust fund. You offer nothing to women or the world in general. If you were to disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow, the only person that would miss you is your Porsche dealer.
Rivals Emily’s anti-Jess rant from s3.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote