View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 10:18 AM
podmom
Elite Fan

Thank you for the new thread Ekua

I am caught up on the old thread and have thought a lot about how to address the emotions expressed on it regarding the election results. Besides being busy I wanted to take time to listen to and read as much of the the coverage....from all points of view ...which takes time. I also wanted a little time to elapse for some emotions to quiet some.

I was born 63 years ago in America. My father and uncles fought in WW2 my brother, brother in law[ who was an orthopedic surgeon..an intern ...and the father of 1 and 1 on the way....served in Vietnam and spent his days for over a year mostly amputating limbs and saving as many lives as he could of what were just boys of course that experience was traumatizing in many ways , a cousin and young men I went to high school with ( some of whom didn't return) served in Viet Nam ( they didn't want to...there was a draft then....they didn't agree with the war but they were Americans so they served their country.) I have paid lots of taxes into the system. So with that being said I feel I've earned a right to give some of my opinion here since others have. I will not do it again after this accept one more time to clarify some more points on the JOF thread. I consider everyone here on JBs board to be good friends and I want you to always feel free to say what ever you feel. We need good public healthy respectful debate in society. That is how we can challenge our own belief systems and grow. Of course we also here in LALA land try not to talk about politics or religion much because we are here for fun and we get enough of that in real life

First I want to post just a few facts...because as I watched some of what only can be described as hysteria from some quarters including much of the main stream media the first day or two after I feel some might be helpful...please feel free to fact check

54% of women voted for HRC
42% of women voted for Trump
26% of latino women voted for Trump..(.the total Hispanic vote for Trump was 2% higher than 2012)
4% of black women voted for Trump ( the total black vote for Trump was also 2% higher than 2012)

The issues raised by Trump’s conduct toward women did not seem to drive women to the polls in unusual numbers. Overall turnout among women was only 1 percentage point higher than in 2012.

Trump claimed 29 percent of the Hispanic vote on Tuesday compared to Romney's 27 percent in 2012. With blacks, exit polls show Trump claimed 8 percent of the vote to the previous Republican nominee's 6 percent.

I would guess that might be surprising relative to the narrative the liberal media pushed for the whole wearying months of the campaign. I was surprised....we were led to believe the Hispanics were panicked and voting in huge numbers against Trump.

I will in day or so ( I'm off to my daughters after I post this) give my own opinion regarding the election and who I voted for on the JOFs thread....but I will say this.

I value the freedom of speech that generations have fought and died for allowing these present protests and the hateful as well as stupid tweets some in the entertainment world are embarrassing themselves with ...containing absurd, vitriolic, vulgar and shamefully some actually calling for Trump and Pence to be killed. From those that are adults they should be ashamed of themselves. I actually feel sorry for the protestors who are mostly entitled white college kids that I believe (mho) to be misinformed, and manipulated badly by the universities, media and celebrity elite. I feel that they are spoiled rich kids having a temper tantrum. They need to go to the "therapy dog centers and play dough relief rooms etc that some colleges have actually set up. ...if those realities weren't true they would be more funny....If you disagree with an election....work for the next one. When Obama was elected...twice.... there were no riots or protests. Those of us that deeply disagreed with his policies respected our democracy and the sanctity of the office of President of the United States.

Our leaders did a great job on their respective speeches...lets follow their example

a helpful Hillary quote >

"We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America and I always will. And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead. Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power. And we don’t just respect that, we cherish it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a helpful Obama quote >

"And one thing you realize quickly in this job is that the presidency and the vice presidency is bigger than any of us. So I have instructed my team to follow the example that President Bush's team set eight years ago, and work as hard as we can to make sure that this is a successful transition for the president-elect.

Because we are now all rooting for his success in uniting and leading the country. The peaceful transition of power is one of the hallmarks of our democracy. And over the next few months, we are going to show that to the world"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A helpful Trump quote>

"I've just received a call from Secretary Clinton. She congratulated us. It's about us. On our victory, and I congratulated her and her family on a very, very hard-fought campaign.

I mean, she fought very hard. Hillary has worked very long and very hard over a long period of time, and we owe her a major debt of gratitude for her service to our country.

I mean that very sincerely. Now it is time for America to bind the wounds of division, we have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.

It is time. I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be President for all of Americans, and this is so important to me. For those who have chosen not to support me in the past, of which there were a few people, ( this is podmom...that was a self deprecating joke and got a laugh) ) I'm reaching out to you for your guidance and your help so that we can work together and unify our great country. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

since it is veterans day here in the US I will only post one gif today.....then I will get back to what I do best...finding fun gifs and fooling around...this has been stressful being so serious

thanks for listening...if you did.

And along with all the candidates and President Obama I echo ....May God Bless America....and I add the world