View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 05:50 PM
sunnykerr
Fan Forum Star

Would it cheer you up to hear that there is some gossipy suspicion that Anthony Kennedy may be the first gay Justice? I mean, why else would a conservative judge, selected by George W. Bush no less, support same-sex marriage and help turn the tie to vote down Prop 8?

All kidding aside, hate crimes went up 60% after the Brexit vote, so I won't minimize the fears of any minority group for the days ahead. I've heard of too many Muslim women already who are debating whether they shoud stop wearing the hijab, not because of personal conviction, but because of fear of retaliation.

But trust that more people believe in your right to be as non-hetero-conforming as you can be than otherwise. That is statistically proven. There is still a lot of work to be done, for sure. But the tide on that issue has turned. Just looked at what Orlando did with the Pulse nightclub.

If you're really worried, though, look around you in your community and find the nearest Gay Pride organization. Find your people. There is strenght in numbers. Don't stay alone.