View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 05:54 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

This whole siren storyline is weird. And I don't really find her very intimidating or creepy. More just . . . annoying. Not a good villain coming from a show that's had some really great villains. (Klaus, Katherine . . .)

And it feels like a retread to me. Like in Season 6, Elena had her memories of Damon erased. Now Damon has unwillingly had his memories of Elena erased.

Scene between Sybil (however the hell you spell her name) questioning Bonnie about her relationship with Damon was weird. I couldn't tell whether it was the writers way of playing to the Bamon shippers or saying to them "it's not gonna happen." Regardless, I liked the Bamon stuff this episode (though I don't ship them romantically), but I was happy to see Bonnie choose Enzo when it came down to it, because I like her and Enzo together, and it only makes sense narratively that she would do so.

On a shallow note . . . I thought Tyler looked good. But that last scene felt like a bit of a retread, too. Like . . . all I could think about when I was watching it was, Well, the road scene at the end of The Descent is so much better.

I'm not digging the siren storyline, but I like the character and relationship stuff in each episode so far.

I'm guessing the sister siren is either the nanny or Alaric's assistant/student.
ICON
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote