View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 01:45 AM
FuriosityShell
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Does anybody have a favorite role of Mila's besides Jackie?
This question has made me realize just how great Mila is at choosing roles. She played a great character for seven years, and how do you top that? But Mila was able to play roles just as entertaining and interesting as Jackie, which a lot of actors struggle with after playing a long-running character.

I like her character Lori in Ted, simply because I felt like Mila made the character more than the just The Responsible Girlfriend Who Just Plays Off The Male Characters. While Amanda Seyfried did a great job in Ted 2, I do feel the sequel suffered from her absence.

I see Jamie from FWB getting a lot of love, which is great. Shout-out to her role as Lily in Black Swan as well. I've always felt that Mila's performance in that movie was really underrated. I feel like that was a really difficult role to play, and Mila played it well.

However, I've got to say my favorite non-Jackie role for her is Rachel Jansen in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Probably because it was the first non-T7S role of hers I ever saw, and I was just stunned. Rachel was so free-spirited and so different from Jackie that I was blown away by how well Mila played her. It actually made me appreciate Jackie's character more, because seeing that movie and seeing Mila's real behavior in interviews made me realize that Jackie may have been a harder character to play than I really thought.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."