View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 06:02 PM
just stand still
Elite Fan

Quote:
Out: Luke and Lorelai’s will-they-won’t-they arc bookended the show. What were your hopes for Christopher during the original series?

David Sutcliffe: Amy Sherman-Palladino, the showrunner, made it very clear to me when I started that Christopher always wanted to get back together with Lorelai [Lauren Graham]. That was the super-objective throughout the series, but from a fan’s perspective, I was, to be honest, always sort of “team Luke.” A lot of people hated Christopher, but for kids from broken homes — like Rory — there’s always a fantasy of their parents getting back together. I always felt, however, that it was doomed — and it was never Amy’s intention anyway.

But you and Lorelai had such undeniable chemistry!

Oh, definitely. Lauren and I had great chemistry. We liked each other a lot. Christopher was always set up as this unreliable guy, but he was certainly charming and lovable in his own way. On some level I always felt like he was trying to right a wrong from the past, but while noble, it actually wasn’t a good motivation. Sometimes you love someone, and they love you, but you’re not meant to be together. I kind of felt that way with Christopher and Lorelai.
Source
Melissa | icon; Kita