View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 07:40 PM
lyndell75
Fan Forum Hero

J.K. Simmons ‘Excited’ for Ben Affleck’s ‘Batman’ Movie

Quote:
If you’re excited to see Ben Affleck’s standalone Batman film, you’re not the only one. J.K. Simmons, fresh from co-starring with Affleck in The Accountant, told Yahoo Movies that he’s also looking forward to it. “I’m really excited to be working with Ben and, in the future, to be working with Ben on both sides of the camera,” Simmons noted. “He is such a, you know, not just a great actor, but a moviemaker. And he knows, certainly much more than I do, I mean, we’ve had this conversation. He loves writing and producing and directing and being that, and loves going back forth between that and acting.”

Affleck and Simmons didn’t know they’d be working together again, because The Accountant was filmed before Zack Snyder and company had landed on Simmons for the part of Commissioner Gordon in Justice League. Still, Affleck told Yahoo Movies that when the news came, he was pleased. “We did [The Accountant] a year and a half ago, but once [Simmons] was cast, I, obviously, had a great relationship with him from this, and I thought it was a great idea,” Affleck said.

While he might be impressed with Affleck’s ability to do it all on the film set, Simmons is not looking to emulate him. “I myself am so lazy that all I want to do is be the guy who does the work and then goes and sits in his trailer and waits ’til they call him to go do some more work,” the Oscar winner said, laughing.
As for when Ben Affleck’s first Batman film will be released, that remains to be seen. Joe Manganiello, who will play the villainous Deathstroke in the movie, told Entertainment Tonight that they’re filming in spring 2017.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/j-k-sim...184254998.html