View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 12:05 PM
hathaross
Ultimate Fan

What Did George Clooney Tell Timeless Star Goran Visnjic on His First Day on Set of ER?

George Clooney Gave Goran Visnjic Advice on His First Day Filming ER

Goran Visnjic may not have starred on ER at the same time as George Clooney, but he was still lucky enough to interact with Dr. Doug Ross himself.

Speaking to PEOPLE Now, the Timeless star opened up about his experience joining the cast of the hit medical drama in 1999.

“My first day on set, I parked my car in the parking lot and I’m kind of freaking out,” said Visnjic, 44. “I’m coming to this show and my English — I could barely use the damn thing. I’m having to shoot this scene … and I’m nervous.”

“George was walking by and he said, ‘Hey, you’re the new guy on the show, congratulations man! You’re going to really love it — the show is great, the people are awesome,’ ” recalled Visnjic. “I was like: ‘Dude, you just made my day,’ and he was like: ‘No worries!’ ”

“That was so nice,” said Visnjic. “He’s a really cool guy.”

As for Visnjic’s nerves? Well, those disappeared pretty quickly — all thanks to plenty of practice.

“Everything was kind of done way in advance of my first episode,” he explained. “I practiced suturing at home for like, seven days. I [did] about 240 sutures. I can still suture really good!”

“When I got in front of the cameras, it was kind of easy because I was so well prepared,” he continued. “And the show was so established that they had plenty of time. That was probably the highlight of my life — not my just my career. It was really an awesome show.”