View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 04:13 AM
SannraB
Loyal Fan

Concerning Scully's "special powers": Leanne, that's exactly what I thought. Scully is a sceptic, had always been, it's her nature. I'm sure she has at least as much mental powers as Sveta had. Maybe even as much as William has. But she blocked them unaware in a strong way. I thing she must reach the point that "opens the door". A special event for example, something that forces the powers to come out.

Concerning Mulder's depression: Right, Mulder had always been a very strong character, but also a very weak one too. He is mentally unstable. He thought about killing himself in the past ones but the situation now is different. I'm sure his state got worse when they reached 2012 and nothing happened. He saw himself exposed to a situation in which he feared that whatever they had suffered would probably be in vain. He certainly thought his father had once again deceived him. But he did not give up, because he had to take responsibility this time. Not only for Scully but for a family. His family.
I just have the feeling that something happened while he was depressive. Something that even pressures him more. and still does.