View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 05:15 PM
ds44
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Welcome.

Honestly, I think the best ending of the series would have been Joey falling into the Creek. JK

The best ending actually would have been both Dawson and Pacey moving on from Joey. That was the clever, realistic ending. TPTB weren't interested in realism or cleverness though.

I also agree that Dawson/Pacey never had the recipe for a lasting friendship. We can rip Dawson for turning his nose up at Pacey or Pacey backstabbing Dawson, but at the end of the day if they had a real friendship, Dawson wouldn't have looked down on Pacey and Pacey wouldn't have gone for it with Joey. There was obviously something wrong with the friendship from day 1.

This show sucked at portraying strong friendships though which is unfortunate. Joey never had a close girl friend and I found that so odd. Yes it was self absorbed Joey but it was still weird to me. One Tree Hill demonstrated a realistic a portrayal of friendship and made Dawson's Creek look stupid by comparison.
See this is why I wish and hope one day that you get to see Felicity. The Elena and Felicity friendships I've seen on tv. But, then again its jj.

I agree both should have moved on from her or they should have just not gone the triangle route in the first place.