View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 05:03 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
That part where Scott shows Jean the album cover continues in the deleted scene, in the second tweet that I posted.

And I don't want to be rude, but why should height matter so much? I mean, no one's complaining about Hugh Jackman being nearly a foot taller than his comic counterpart.
Oh, okay. Thanks, LightYears! And OMG, I just realized that Scott compared Jean to Boy George from Culture Club.

That's because no one complains when a male lead is taller, LightYears. But in X-Men terms, making Scott so short diminishes his stature as a team leader. The fact that he is tall and physically imposing gives him the same presence that Captain America has in The Avengers. But the X-Men films make him look like a Jason Priestly clone, which really doesn't suit his character well. He looks perpetually younger than everyone else, and it also shows when he's with Jean. I mean, Sophie actually seems taller than Tye in the movie. It also emasculates Scott having Wolverine so much taller than him when in the comics the two have gone toe to toe before and fought each other to a standstill. I don't think anyone would believe that Tye could do the same with Hugh.

Here's an even better link to Vimeo's vid of the deleted mall scene. It's much bigger.

https://vimeo.com/182454888

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-30-2016 at 05:09 PM