View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 10:27 AM
jls2971
Master Fan

It's like Thomas said, he put his heart and soul into the show. It's sad that he was just recently promoting the show and seemed to be looking forward to the new season. And of course he had nothing but nice things to say about the cast, crew, and show.

In that interview, Thomas mentioned he enjoyed all of the episodes he directed, especially the most recent one which was the Derek episode. I was thinking about this recently, and now I'm thinking about it again: Thomas got to direct one of Shemar's most important episodes that was part of his departure. I know Matthew directed the actual episode that Morgan left, but Thomas got that big Derek one that was mostly just Derek in the episode. They could have easily had Joe direct that episode as I think that episode. While the 250th episode was part of the Derek story, I think Derek and Beautiful Disaster were definitely the bigger ones involving Derek specifically. But if Thomas and Shemar really didn't get along, you'd think they'd maybe have Joe direct "Derek". Especially considering how much Morgan was in the Derek episode (I think it was something like 40 minutes of the episode consisted of Shemar), that would have meant Shemar and Thomas spending a lot of time with each other. And in the season 11 DVD, Shemar talks about how great Thomas is as a director and how he enjoyed working with him on Derek. I don't know, it's just something to think about.

Here's a fan theory regarding Thomas I found on Tumblr.
Quote:
A Theory (that is probably Wishful Thinking)

As the title claims, it’s probably wishful thinking, but here it goes: I think that maybe Thomas Gibson has filmed one more episode(s?) as Hotch on CM. I have no real proof of this, it’s all speculation and guessing and hoping. I looked at a bunch of social media accounts and took a leap, basically.

Thomas Gibson has been fairly quiet on twitter and instagram lately. He still tweets, but they’re either retweets of stuff he finds interesting or simple hellos. Yesterday was the first day in over a week (I think) that he’s posted any pics, and they didn’t feature him at all. Of course, this could just be a coincidence. But if he was shooting again, that could explain it. Because he would have had to shave. (He posted his first selfie in ages about half an hour ago and as far as I could tell he was mostly clean shaven.) And they might have asked him to keep quiet on social media in general. He was definitely in LA again for that quiet period, but it could have been anything, I’ll admit.

There haven’t been any pics from recent table reads as far as I know, even though ep6 was one MGG was directing. Certain pics from set seem to suggest Paget is officially a regular again from ep7 (she has her own chair again), but no table read either. Though a chair could just be a chair. But there were relatively few behind-the-scenes pics for MGG’s ep, most of them posed group shots when filming was done. And if the next ep is the one where Emily takes over, it would make sense that this one would be Hotch’s goodbye.

So, no proof, but it makes sense. After all these weeks, I have yet to see anyone come up with a way to write Hotch off the show without TG that wouldn’t immediately piss off loads of fans. So maybe they haven’t either. And it would make sense to have the director be someone familiar with the show and the situation, and MGG has directed a bunch by now and he seems to get along pretty well with TG. As for why they’d keep it quiet, I don’t know. The whole thing is finally dying down, they don’t want to bring it up again? They want to make sure it’s definitely filmed and ready before announcing it? No idea. I think the likelihood of all this depends on exactly how bad the entire situation with TG was in the end.

It all sounded reasonable in my head, but I’ve probably just snapped, haven’t I? Someone just give me proof either way, confirming or denying, or any kind of clue what they’re doing about Hotch, because I’m reaching UnSub levels of insane here.
Source