View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 03:38 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Search4Truth~ (View Post)
Triangles are silly. They should have just paired Logan with Rogue or Storm and called it the day.
Well, they seemed to go that way in the first X-Men film, in certain scenes. There was far more depth to the Logan/Rogue interactions in that movie than there was with any of the Logan/Jean stuff, which just seemed to be there to antagonize Cyclops and nothing more. Singer really didn't know what he was doing at that point. Curiously, Anna Paquin's Rogue was named "Marie" in the movie, but her name in the comics is Anna Marie. I think the comics played around with a Rogue/Wolverine thing, but they always wanted to pair her with Gambit, or later Iceman. The movies implied a Rogue/Iceman thing, but the comics later had Bobby Drake come out as gay, so that was an interesting twist. Marvel sticking it to Fox, perhaps.

But yeah, I agree that triangles are stupid, which is why I'm so glad the comics finally ended that nonsense with the younger, time-displaced Scott and Jean in the present day, making anything involving Wolverine incredibly inappropriate. Young Jean herself mentioned that Logan's thoughts were "pretty sick." Oh, and now that we know his name is James Howlett, I find it difficult to call him "Logan" because I actually like his real name better.