View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Logan
Fan Forum Hero

Designated Survivor - Wednesdays at 10/9c - Premieres September 21

ABC Fall Dramas: First Impressions of Conviction, Notorius & Designated Survivor - TV Fanatic

Designated Survivor Cast
First Impression: The premise is something happens to the President and the rest of congress. Only the designated survivor, Tom Kirkman is left.

Kiefer Sutherland is that man, and in one crazy night his and his family's world is changed as he becomes the next President of the United States.

After watching the premiere, we know about as much as he does. Absolutely nothing. And he has to run the country!

It's fun to imagine what would happen under this scenario, and Maggie Q is on hand to lead the investigation into what went wrong.

DS The Prez
Tom's wife is played by Natascha McElhone, and she's a surprisingly good fit for Sutherland's president.

There were some tropes in the pilot I saw that annoyed me. One far too common lately, and the other could be seen from a mile away.

If those don't get overplayed, this will be an entertaining and different take on the normal political or end of world type scenario.

Should You Watch: Definitely. Sutherland is an American favorite, and he's at his best playing the new president.

The political side of Designated Survivor is intriguing and you'll want to be a part of the conversation with friends and family about the real life possibilities of this happening.