View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 11:29 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

They are catering the wedding from Chipotle! Hope they don't all get food poisoning! They definitely need a wedding advisor (you!) Reminds me of the wedding somebody had in PA at the Family Host cafeteria - can you imagine the guests sliding their trays through a cafeteria line, like school lunch!

Oh, the food was mostly vegetarian and gluten free. There was this stuff called 'barbecued jackfruit' that was supposed to be a chicken substitute (poor John thought it was chicken and took a lot, and then got a bad surprise) but was more like barbecue chopped up cabbage leaves (I read up on jackfruit afterwards, watched YouTube videos on how you cut it up/what parts you eat - lol.) There was a watermelon salad with onions. Some sort of gluten free pasta dish. Short ribs of beef (which are very fatty). And something that looked like mashed potatoes but wasn't, it was some sort of cheese grits or polenta? I'm not sure. I took very little and ate it sparingly/cautiously!

And the appetizers were sliced vegs (carrot sticks etc) and humus, plus potato chips! (And kale chips, and beet chips, and sweet potato chips) but really, has anyone ever served potato chips at a wedding reception? I don't think so?!

And they came around with these tiny hors d'oeuvres, one was a slice of fig with something on it, and a raw/fresh veg spring roll with like coleslaw inside and a hot sauce (really chewy/ugh), and some gluten-free toast with an artichoke spread and lemon zest (all you could taste was zest, which was nice) and one other thing - tiny fried carrot cup with chopped mushrooms in it (was tasty). So it was fancy but all very odd. Plus noplace to sit for the appetizers, and having to juggle a glass and a tiny plate (how do you eat, if you are holding glass and plate and can't put them down)?

Mlette was invited up to new BF's family cottage in Maine for Labor Day weekend. I was happy for her - and sad that she was going away. You want your daughters to find somebody and be happy, but then you miss them, I see what you mean PodMom!
I think she is going to marry this fellow, he seems to be the one.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan