View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Lily2003
Dedicated Fan

I agree with Telepath. We need to stay positive which I know is extremely hard after all the abuse we have been through with the previous writing team. I actually went out and purchased the sides and have to admit I'm feeling better because I can read them and interpret them myself instead of relying on others interpretations. As we have seen so many times, we all see things in so many different ways depending on our own internal lens.

If this were the previous writing team, I would be 100% convinced that after pining for Kevin for almost an entire season and asking Kevin to give him another chance, that after one episode and only three weeks Will would do a complete 180 and cheat on Kevin for no real reason whatsoever except that it was the writers' idea of DRAMA!! To hell with character or plot or basic logic.

However, I am going to give these writers a fighting chance and believe that this attraction to someone else will result in a grown up conversation between W/K about their relationship and how they are both in different places. Will is extremely immature when it comes to relationships and Kevin is far more experienced. I'm hopeful that his relationship with Kevin will lead to character growth and maturity for Will. It seems like the next logical step with him at least on the emotional side of the house. Still interested to see where they take his career.

I guess this is my long winded way of saying that I'm consciously changing my expectations and not going directly to pessimism. Hard...so very hard