View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Miss Cam
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
I just point out what I see here, people saying Emma/CS "steeling" Snowing scenes. if there's a parallel moment I see the same reaction as Emma saying "I will find you" "you two share a heart so we will" pretty much putting down/insulting CS like they're just a recycling couple and Im not quoting anyone in particular but thats what I get for what I read here (and tumblr)
And what I see - and a few others who have commented - here (and on Tumblr for sure) is often Snowing being put down as the inferior version now replaced as a upgraded main couple by Hook and Emma, being used as a check list of stuff Hook and Emma is going to do rather being valued as a couple in its own right, Snow/Ginny often being left out, and the notion of parallels being used to make anything Snowing does to talk about Hook and Emma instead. It might not be intended to be read that way, and I know I have certainly never deliberately insulted or intended insult CS in any way, which you seem to be saying I am doing. So clearly, people have very different experiences of what is going on in this thread. And quite frankly, this was part of what I was afraid of when this thread started. Comparing couples just never ever goes well and will end up with people feeling insulted or hurt.

So, perhaps we shall all try better to have this thread focus on all four of them and not do the comparisons between couples. It's clearly upsetting many, and I would like to be a positive thread. It is about appreciaiton, after all.