View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 01:28 PM
dancing in the rain
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Wellance {Erica & Tom} Appreciation Thread #23: B/c we desperately need a reunion

{ Welcome to the 23rd Erica & Tom Appreciation Thread }

ByMakry

Supporters list

1. Motoko Ayoama
2. makry
3. Addison_McHot
4. lisagslack14
5. Pemberley21
6. CJG18
7. Brilliant Disguise
8. Lessie
9. Sharon86
10. now.it.all.begins
11. Brooke08
12. *Nora*
13. manu_r/hr
14. OTH_Mexican_FAN
15. Nymph Marty
16. Vero P.Sawyer
17. Halo23
18. *Chrissi*
19. dancing in the rain
20. BrathanSupporter
21. Lostcandy
22. swadde
23. love.across.time
24. FN-Lovage
25. evielost
26. kat99
27. Chase.This.Light
28. Tears of an Angel
29. loveslullaby
30. B.Chambers
31. lovehurts38
32. Eveline2525
33. silver_dixon
34. lady_fun_rock
35. Addiction
36. Kp1227
38. starryeyed15
39. fluffybunny
40. TVJunkie22
41. BOK
42. xbrittnoel21x
43. denise19
44. Licia
45. CloisFan

Their pictures

Their quotes

~"Erica and I get along great. We did from day one. With respect to Clark and Lois, I think Erica and I get along so well that we have to remind ourselves that Clark and Lois aren’t necessarily supposed to get along so well. I’d sum up Clark and Lois’s relationship as playful- they love and hate each other at the same time." - Tom Welling (Clark Kent), Dreamwatch Magazine - April 2005

"The first I met with Tom he came in early to start the season to read scenes with me and the producer. Right then and there I thought we've got somebody who is not buying into the fame surrounding him. He wants people to feel comfortable and he's like a Southern gentleman, which is something I think his character brings to that Clark Kent thing. Very down to earth, very fun, very nice person." - Erica Durance

"I do ask Tom on a regular basis when he's going to wear tights, and he just walks away." - Erica Durance

"Tom had the appropriate parts covered. But I still had to tell myself, 'keep looking up.' I will tell you, he isn't Superman for nothing." - Erica Durance on her first scene with Tom

"Obviously, I'm kind of loyal to Tom [Welling] because that's who I work with so to me he's my Superman." - Erica Durance

~"I find the Lois Lane we have on Smallville to be very entertaining. She’s terribly self-reliant and self-confident (laughs)…at least she certainly thinks of herself that way” What I particularly enjoy about her character is the side of Clark that she brings out. I love the sarcastic, tongue in cheek humour that we’re able to portray in that relationship, and haven’t been able to in the past because of the heavy dramatic situations that Clark often found himself in with the other characters. In the past it was really only Pete (Sam Jones III) that he was able to let go with and have fun with. But with Pete leaving to go to another school- and Lois coming in- it’s a whole other dynamic. With Lois there’s that sense of ‘back and forth’. Is the relationship there, is it not there? Certainly, we all know where they’re going to end up later on. I think it’s a great addition to the show and enables us to explore character facets we couldn’t before." - Tom Welling (Clark Kent), Dreamwatch Magazine - April 2005

"He had such a great idea of what all the actors were feeling and what the show should like." - Erica Durance on Tom's directing choices

"He's ridiculously good looking. He shows up and we're all in the make up trailer, all us girls are getting our hour of make up and he shows up, looks pretty and waltzes onto set. But you know what? He's a manly man. He's not eerily aware of it, which is helpful." - Erica Durance

"Outside of it, yeah sure, it would be fun to do that film but I mean specifically, because my working relationship is with Tom it would be very odd to do a movie without him being the Superman, so it might be a little strange actually for me to do it." - Erica Durance on doing a Superman movie without Tom

Durance, who joined the show in Season 4 says that "from the get-go, Tom's been incredibly kind to me and made me feel at home, and you don't forget that." - Erica Durance - TV Guide Magazine - April 7th. 2011

[It’s] allowed us to do something with people that we never got to do before. I never had that banter that I have with Lois. I'm enjoying the relationship that Clark's building with Lois. Again, it gives us something to do and serves the greater purpose of the storyline. - Tom Welling on the changes in the set dynamic with the arrival of Erica

"Fun, awkward scene at the table!FYI actually choked on the potatoes, Tom helped me out there!" - Erica Durance from her Tweets on Hostage

"Just FYI Tom is much funnier than I am in real life!" - Erica Durance from her Tweets on Hostage

"He's a gentleman." - Erica Durance from her Tweets on Hostage

"He has absolutely no airs about him, totally grounded and lovely." - Erica Durance from her Tweets on Hostage

Welling calls Durance "a fantastic partner. We have a lot of fun when we work--I think that comes through. We've sort of developed this really crazy idea that our characters would actually enjoy each other." - Tom Welling - TV Guide Magazine - April 7th, 2011

Their animations

Quotes about them

"Her and Tom [Welling] have fantastic chemistry." - Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang), Star-TV.com Interview

"Absolutely. You can't have Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, and Tom Welling in a show together without it being funny." - Allison Mack, Kryptonsite Interview, July 27, 2009

~"I had to get back into it, but it was amazing working with Erica [Durance] and Tom." -Laura Vandervoort (Kara Zor-El Kent), SV Mag 02/09

Guest-starring on any show can be stressful, yet Alex credits the cast for creating a relaxed atmosphere. "So far it has just been Erica [Durance] and today, Tom [Welling]," he says. "They are all extremely nice, talented people. It's always a relief because you worry you are going to be with a diva or somebody who doesn't care. Tom's been around for five seasons, but I don't get that sense, and I don't get it from Erica either. It is highly commendable, and I'm thankful for it because it makes my job a lot easier." - Alex Scarlis (Graham Garrett), Smallville Magazine #18 [pp. 65]

Yeah. It was nice ... occasionally either Erica or Tom would make some reference that would make the other one laugh, and they'd kind of fill us in on it ... it was all the inside jokes. And believe me, you're not going to hear them from us [laughs]. But it was great. The really lovely thing about this show is the real family feel to it. These people have been working together for a long time now. You get to the end of nine years on a series and either you're ready to kill each other, or you become very, very close. And it's turned out that way. I think the people who work on this show are...they're just nice people. They're friendly, smart, talented people and you know that's a good thing." - Michael McKean, Tv Squad Interview, May 06, 2010

Erica is to die for gorgeous and one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's very funny and a consummate pro. She and Tom are hilarious together both on and off camera. Tom likes to have fun. Because he's such a cool dude the set is relaxed and joyful. I think that's a big part of what you see on the screen. People really enjoying themselves and very happy to be where they are. - Blu Mankuma, Planete Smallville Interview, June 2010

Title suggestions

B/c these two need to do a rom com together stat!
B/c they love working together
B/c they need more screentime together - on the big screen
B/c they would rock on the big screen
B/c they're too hot to handle
B/c they'll always be our fave incarnation of Lois and Clark
B/c they're always in our hearts

By manu_r/hr

By Nymph Marty

Previous threads

+ To be added to the list, please PM the thread starter +

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray