View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 09:39 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!

Quote:
LOL That's me too. I didn't take anything more than advil for hysterectomy pain and I had an open surgery. Same thing for appendix and gallbladder surgeries. Even my sister questioned my sanity. The nurse said she had never encountered someone in her 30 years of practicing after a hysterectomy (one of the biggest surgeries you can ever have next to brain and heart surgery) requesting not to have the strong pain medications. She almost put some in my IV because she thought the pain would compromise my health/immune system while healing but I told her I would immediately tell her how I felt and sure enough, it's all I had.
For other stuff I'm more inclined to take pain relief pills, but not for headache because I've used to it. It's like a sign that I'm alive . Plus if I take pills for this I will have to be on the pill constantly. I mean I have headache now as I'm writing. Luckily if I'm listening to music I block out the pain to an extent.

Quote:
It's happened so many times at work. I simply cannot function for that 30 minutes so I have to retreat.
Exactly! I usually quite often have nausea at work and it definitely interferes with my work. I can't think straight when I have so strong nausea.