View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 07:24 AM
lyndell75
Fan Forum Hero

Wonder Woman and American Gods lead the pack for best trailers of Comic-Con | Ars Technica

Quote:
Wonder Woman

Fans have been waiting for this movie pretty much since the 1970s Lynda Carter series went off the air. We shall never, ever speak of David E. Kelly's depressing attempt to create a Wonder Woman show in 2011, and my guess is that we'll rarely discuss the mediocre Batman v. Superman movie from earlier this summer that introduced this new version of Wonder Woman to the world. But if this trailer is any indication, Director Patty Jenkins (Monster) may pull off a genuinely cool Wonder Woman movie. Wonder Woman will be the first-ever movie featuring one of DC's oldest superheroes, whose adventures began back in the 1930s. A supernaturally strong Amazon from a secret island of warrior women, Wonder Woman fought the Nazis in World War II and always tries to solve conflicts with non-lethal weapons.

Writer/producer Zack Snyder, famous for big budget cult flicks like Watchmen and Suckerpunch (and infamous for Batman v. Superman), has made our peace-loving princess into a sword-wielding, armored badass. Which isn't such a bad thing. Gal Gadot plays Wonder Woman with grace and gravitas, and Chris Pine (Star Trek) is perfectly fine as the World War I soldier who washes up on the beach and into Wonder Woman's arms. I like the fact that this movie is set during World War I, which is a conflict our heroine hasn't explored before. If Jenkins can marry the powerful character development of Monster with Snyder's visuals from Suckerpunch, this movie is going to rock.

Release date: June 2, 2017