View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 07:43 PM
courtneybangelcakes
Elite Fan

I haven't watched The Night Manager yet -- I may have to watch it now

Same, when they called Matthew's name I literally cheered in my cube. And then we got Keri and I was elated and knew we'd get a series nomination. The Americans getting so many nominations makes up for some of the snubs.

Season 2 wasn't as good, I'll agree, but I thought the finale was amazing along with the premiere and a few episodes in the middle. And Cait continuously carries the show and puts her heart into the everything she does. If she would have gotten in for "Faith", she'd be my winner. Now it's between Tatiana and Keri for me.

I'll mention the shows I watch all of the shows nominated for best series except Better Call Saul and I agree that some shows shouldn't be in there anymore. Homeland is an enjoyable show and freakishly relevant but I don't think it's anything original anymore. I don't think Downton Abbey can compare to a lot of the new programming either. House of Cards is a little stale for me too but I'm pretty ok with that nomination because S4 was very good imo.

I'm so pleased with Game of Thrones, The Americans, and Mr. Robot and I'd be happy if any of them won.

As for series I'd add? I'd love if Outlander was recognized, along with The Affair and The Path. All are under-appreciated, especially the last two.

And yes, I wasn't expecting Kit or Maisie, but I totally want Kit to win! He was so great this year.