View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 06:26 AM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome, Furiosity! And thanks for sharing your first experience of the show! It's interesting that you watched only S1-4 for a while and then discovered the glory of J/H.

Also, aww -- you're an Eric! Kitty would say your wrists are dainty, not tiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
But there were some good picks for that list. But... "A New Hope"! Really? "A New Hope" is a least favorite episode of mine because of the ending scene where Eric just totally disrespects Donna by saying that the only reason he's with her is to get into her pants. It's an incredibly disgusting scene and reminiscent of S8's character assassinations. I don't know Donna didn't just break up with him on the spot, but the writers did a good thing by totally ignoring it because I don't know if Eric could have came back from saying that.
ITA that "A New Hope" does a terrible thing to Eric's character, and I consider it an OOC anomaly, like Hyde's behavior in "Hyde Gets the Girl". But! that being said, supposedly the plan was to break Eric and Donna up after "A New Hope," but the showrunners dropped it. They also dropped dealing with the "A New Hope" conflict at all.

The next episode, story-wise (not air-order wise) is "Punk Chick". And "Grandma's Dead" was supposed to air waaaay earlier than it did (so it fits into the S1 story timeline in an earlier spot). Season 1's airing order vs. production order/story order is pretty messed up.