View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 08:59 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it was a slight letdown because we were kind of freaking out big when we first saw that moment in one of the promos (out of context ).

Okay, whew. Finally done with my answers to my own questions :

What is the one character trait (one for each of them or it could be the same trait for both of them) that you like the most when it comes to Bellamy/Clarke?

Loyalty, most probably. They are both many things and incredibly complex characters with many layers to their characterisation and neither are perfect (clearly ) but the one thing in common they have is that they never give up on people that they care about (including each other, of course ) and that's what I admire/love about both of them. Once they decide that the person is worth fighting for/protecting, no matter the consequences, that's it. Like Clarke immediately wanting to give herself up to Roan for Bellamy or Emerson for her people; or Bellamy constantly risking his life to protect his people without skipping a beat.

If you have the power to change any of the storylines (Bellarke or non Bellarke related) in any of the seasons, what would it be and why?

I think I've made it clear already but I would never ever have let CL happen. Yes I am a biased shipper and I'll freely admit it but there was just too many inconsistencies/disturbing elements when it comes to that relationship that I'll never be okay with. Plus, the obvious rushed factor and betrayal that she seemed to get over so fast. I would have been open to the idea of Clarke loving and being with someone else before anything happens romantically with Bellamy but they just picked the worst possible person to pair her up with.

From a non-BC perspective, I would not have killed Lincoln/Wells off. Both were characters with so much potential and it was just extinguished so early on (especially Wells) when he could have added such an interesting dynamic to the Bellarke relationship or at least the dynamics of the group.

If you could choose just one Bellarke scene (and no cheating and adding more than one ) for season 4, what would be that scene?

I just want a simple, quiet scene for them to just talk and hash out things that they've not been proud of doing but which was ultimately required (similar to the campfire scene in 2X05) and/or acknowledge the mistakes that they have done and how it might have hurt the other person. Because it goes both ways, and I know that was addressed in a large way in 3X05 but I'd personally want a scene in the aftermath of that stormy interaction between them and which shows that they are really both ready to move past it.

We all started supporting BC at some point obviously but when was the one moment (or series of moments) when you knew you were in DEEP and fell hard for them? (Think a couple of us have answered something like this before and I already know April's so skip this if you feel like you don't want to repeat stuff ... but I do think it's nice to see what everyone's thoughts are, in totality.)

I think my interest was first piqued when I saw GIFs and literally decided to start watching because I was really intrigued by them (of course I fell in love with the show as well when I started binge watching it ) but 1X03 really stood out to me as the turning point in their relationship. Though I guess full-on/hardcore shipping didn't really happen for me until I watched Day Trip and I Am Become Death. The combination of the beautifully developing BC interactions in both episodes (Unity Day was cute but it was more fluffy/adorable instead of being a pivotal Bellarke moment, IMO anyway ... don't kill me ) just sealed the deal for me and I never looked back. I distinctly remember going after IABD ... "Oh this is not good. I really want these two buffoons to be together." (buffoons in the most affectionate way obviously ) The level of protectiveness and trust that had already started emerging between the both of them was just a joy to watch.

What was your first impression of Clarke and Bellamy (individually/as a pairing)? If they were not positive impressions, when did your perception change and why? A lot of us have said Atom's death scene but I'm wondering if it's even later than that for some.

I didn't like either of them very much. Clarke came off as a total know-it-all though she meant well and I was a little concerned that she would be a Mary Sue type of character (thankfully it soon became apparent that she wasn't). And Bellamy was not much better himself ... he was so cocky and smarmy and strolling about, acting like he owned the whole place. And I've said this time and time again but I was wondering why the heck people liked them as individual characters, let alone as a pairing. Oh if only I knew then.

The turning point for me when it came to Clarke was the Atom death scene; such a pivotal one from a Bellarke/Clarke perspective IMO. It changed how Bellamy looked at Clarke and how I viewed her as well, which I appreciated as a viewer - that a scene could have such an impact. Particularly powerful especially given that Bellamy had accused her prior to that, of not being able to make hard decisions and in that moment, she proved to him that she could. That she could make tough decisions and be compassionate to a person; all at the same time.

As for Bellamy, it was watching his interactions with Charlotte. Such a stark difference from the puffy, cocky persona he liked to show to the rest of the group but in private, you could see how caring/sweet he was to her and probably saw a lot of Octavia in Charlotte as well so that natural instinct to want to protect her kicked in immediately. Of course, that didn't turn out too well unfortunately but it really started to change my perception of him and that hey, there's more sides to this character than I initially thought.

Do you ship any other pairings on the show and if so, do they share any of the same traits/dynamics that made you ship Bellarke?

I like Lincoln/Octavia and Murphy/Emori to some extent but not as hardcore as Bellamy/Clarke of course. As for traits, I do see that element of protectiveness in those pairings as I do in BC's relationship but nothing really too similar. And though I don't exactly ship Kane/Abby, there's definitely a lot of parallels there to BC.

If you could add on any happy/fluffy scenes for BC, what would it be? Since we have talked a lot about wanting swimming scenes, let's just take that one out of the mix there just to keep things interesting.

I just want a scene of drunk! Bellamy/Clarke and them just enjoying the moment and each other , instead of them having to worry about everything/everyone else or stew over their bad/horrible decisions all the time. They deserve that reprieve for a short while, they really do.

If you could re-imagine Bellarke in a AU context, what would it be?

I really like the fake lovers AU because I'm frankly a sucker for those type of stories. Or them being partners in a crime drama.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 06-25-2016 at 09:06 AM