View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 07:04 AM
ChinaTequilia
Obsessed Fan

You're right. It's very hypocritical to have Zoe deliver that line, what with her history. I suppose you could say maybe Zoe has finally learned, but the one thing Zoe did not show remorse over towards the end of the first half is how she filmed Zig without his consent. The way the story line played out, it was clearly meant to be an OMFG moment and not much else, which is disgusting. I think that if the writers did not have such skewed morals in the first place, a character like Zoe wouldn't be this problematic. But it's the show that made Katie the victim in the Drew/Katie story line and made jokes about Zoe trying to punch Zig and instead hitting Miles. Next Class has excelled in many areas and I'm glad they're finally on a better path when it comes to delivering feminist messages, but men matter, too. They deserve respect. It's basically a fact at this point that Zig is flawed, but this same story line would have never happened with a female character. Even if she was doing the same thing, cheating on a boyfriend, it would be seen as inappropriate.