View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 11:15 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Quote:
J.K. Rowling: "I don't think I realised how anxious I was, to tell you the absolute truth, until Wednesday morning," she told the BBC.

"I'd seen the whole play performed in the theatre, I'd seen the whole dress rehearsal, and I was blown away by it.

"I've been working on it for two years along with these guys, I knew exactly what was coming, I'd seen all of it rehearsed at some point, and yet I was still completely blown away by it. Incredibly moved.

"But even so, this is putting me back ten years. Potter attracted a lot of madness and a lot of hype.

"Going back into that place, I realised on Wednesday morning how anxious that had made me.

"Because I knew how much expectation there would be, and I didn't want to let fans down."
Quote:
J.K. Rowling: When asked whether she felt the Harry Potter story was now owned by its fanbase, she told BBC arts editor Will Gompertz: "I wouldn't go that far, Will. Because that would be - and I'm deadly serious - that would be to disavow what that world was to me.

"For 17 years that world was mine, and for seven years it was entirely mine - not a living soul knew anything about it.

"And I can't just uproot that from all the personal experiences that inform those stories and say I'm throwing that away now.

"Til my dying breath I will care deeply about those stories."
J.K. Rowling comments on her nerves, excitement over 'Cursed Child' plays opening - SnitchSeeker.com

Quote:
Can you imagine, ever, creating a world which has had a profound impact as the Potter world?
J.K. Rowling:
No, and nor would I want to. I feel as though I did that, and I love it; it takes up so much mental space. It takes a lot of space in the actual world now. I think I would be on a fool's errand to try to that again.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.