View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Scully_fan
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
About people's reaction. I have a hypothesis that due to everything that have happened during this year, people need a happy ending or something else that will soothe their souls more than ever. In relation to that they stoped thinking rationally or control their emotions and then we've got these irrational behaviors. I am definitely not defending anyone, I am just thinking
Yeah this is a really valid point. The death trope while having been around forever is obviously not new but it does feel like it is happening more and more, seemingly all at once. I don't want to negate any of these deaths as being less than others but in particular there have been two HUGE fan favourites (Lexa/Root) in the past few months that have fallen foul of the trope and that has to be embittering for anyone who's aware of these deaths even if they don't follow the show or said character.

The current fulfilment of the trope is splitting fandoms at the seams and spilling into others where it won't necessarily happen and I'd put this as the number one factor as to why people are getting irrationally impatient because we have no guarantees even now that Delphine is ok or will play a part in the season. Sarah making a point to say if Delphine's alive they'd save her, was enough for me because it is a sign that something will happen before the season is out, they included it for reason so I will wait, but I understand why some are jumping the gun a little.

Bottomline is that there aren't many LGBT characters to find joy in and the pool is narrowing. Is it any wonder fans are clinging fiercely to the few characters they have left?

And god help OB if they introduce Shay into the season before Delphine. **** is going to fly.