View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 07:16 PM
val ღ
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
IDK if that's their reason but I'm not going to go see the movie because I'd feel like I'm siding with Johnnie over Amber by supporting a movie he's in financially.

If an actor (or any other person really) does something terrible, it should influence their careers, especially if they are as public and influential as Johnny. Hollywood has a disturbing history of protecting men, especially white men, and sweeping everything under the carpet.
Alice Through The Looking Glass is bombing at the box office after the abuse reports and rumor has it (rumor) Disney wants to cancel POTC5 although they'd lose millions, it may still flop for his new reputation anyway..

Glad I saw XM: Apocalypse tbh

But like you say the industry has history of men getting away with anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Same here, I had such a huge crush on him but he's become a rather lazy actor in the past decade so I didn't really follow his career or personal live. But with his track record of smashing hotel rooms, etc. it doesn't really surprise me that he would be still violent, esp. if it involves drugs and alcohol.

I'm not going to support somebody who has been accused of beating a woman and has had a violent past. Winona Ryder mentioned a violent boyfriend when she was 18 who would throw/smash everything. Johnny was her boyfriend at that time.

The way fans and media have been siding with Johnnie and calling her names is just disgusting. No wonder women fear coming forward, when the first reaction is to not believe the victim and accuse her of being a gold digger and saying things like "shouldn't have married him if he was violent".
ITA
I remember that about Winona, his outbursts affected her so much to that day when she was doing Black Swan it still affected her.
And there's always the story when he had an argument with Kate Moss and trashed the room and Kate was disturbed but charges were dropped eventually, plus his alcohol/drug use not sure why people are like 'no way he'd do that' with his history ^ it's not that hard to believe he'd lose control and cross the line were he'd lay a hand on a woman.. and yes the things said about Amber are repulsive tbh, saddest thing they come from women
I think with Vanessa he tried to get better, started a family but eventually that felll apart, I remember the videos of him falling drunk on the street before they split so people can't blame Amber for his alcohol issues either...

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.

Last edited by val ღ; 05-28-2016 at 07:27 PM