View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 03:58 PM
SarahJ5941
Obsessed Fan

Val, thanks for the tips. I agree, northern Michigan is the best. I don't think that I have ever been to Gaylord but I have been to Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes (pre kids) and Tahquamenon falls (just the lower falls) about 18 yrs later. Was thinking about going to Whitefish Point in the UP and stay at a B&B that I have read about. Was thinking, too, about going to Frankenmuth again but it has become so commercial. It used to be a small town with small town like stores. Zenders and the Bavarian Inn restaurants were there and every year we would switch which one we would go to. I guess I will have to look at a map and figure it out.
Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had a great day.
Ulgh, it has been in the mid 80s and humid most of the week and I have been dying. I really don't want to close up the house again, we just got it opened up not to long ago but may have to put on the AC. The weather reports were saying that we would have rain from last Wed thru to Tues but we haven't seen more then a couple of quick showers. So am not looking forward to what Summer will actually be.

Claire, so glad that the day at the zoo was fun and with no problems. Hope you had some other adults to help you our. Heck, I don't think I would have taken my 23 brownies anywhere without atleast one adult to every 3 or 4 kids. Fortunately the moms loved all of the trips I had planned so just about every kid had a parent with them. Then they were 6 - 8 year olds.

Katka, enjoy your day at the lake. Hope you have great weather.

Christine, welcome back. Hope you had a lot of fun.