View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 11:30 AM
winterbird
Master Fan

Rachel/Jake Gyllenhaal Appreciation Thread #1: Because we loved them since the 2010 Oscars!

Rachel/Jake Gyllenhaal Appreciation Thread #1: Because we loved them since the 2010 Oscars!

Supporters List
001. rikayla (Wendy)
002. lindsey- (Lindsey)
003. amanda s. (Amanda)
004. april2
005. littlemissrainbow

Ask to be added

Rachel On Jake
"I also watched Jake box a lot because I assumed my character would have done that. It was really inspiring to watch him become this man [she beams]" (x)
"He brings so much to the table, you can’t help but bring your ‘A’ game as well. He amplifies everything. He’s always mining for the truth, mining for the best moments possible. I really appreciated how much heart and grit he brings to his characters. It’s what makes him the best." (x)
"Jake didn’t have a stunt double, so he was on the line all the time. So he was doing something really phenomenal. He never complained. I think it was rough—rougher than he probably let on." (x)
"I really wasn’t surprised [about Jake's transformation] just based on what kind of an actor he is and the work we’ve seen from him before. He had become this person on a cellular level. So really extraordinary. Very awe-inspiring." (x)
"I don’t know how Jake got as proficient [in boxing] as he got in three months. It’s really miraculous. He’s a wildly talented guy, but it just doesn’t happen overnight." (x)
"We have known each other for years; we’re friends so we already had a foundation when we started filming, and then (because of the movie) we spent a lot of time together" (x)
"Oh, it was incredible. I've known Jake for quite a few years, and he really does transform. I've never seen him play anything like this before, and he just gave so much to it, and he was training really hard and rehearsing every day. ... It was really inspiring to watch." (x)
"We look like little babies [during the 2010 Oscars]. That was such a great night, he was so sweet. We were practicing walking backstage because my dress was so huge, he was so worried he was going to trip and rip it, so we were walking back and forth, holding hands and practicing. He was so sweet, he was a true gentleman." (x)
"We actually had a lot of fun together. It was absolutely intense, but kind of in the best way. It was intense in terms of the scene and having as many truthful moments as we could, but yeah, we ate lunch together almost every day and didn’t always talk about the movie. It was certainly intense, but a lot of fun too. " (x)
"Jake is too hard on himself. He’s very funny and very witty and can be very light and light on his feet. We would talk about [how] it’s not about the final product, but about the experience you have making the film. It’s important to both of us that that is enjoyable because that is your life." (x)
"We had met a couple of years ago in the U.K. I think, just paths crossing randomly, and then we kind of kept in touch over the years. We presented at the Oscars, which I forget about! It was a couple of years ago. I’ve seen the pictures, and we look like little kids! He was so sweet." (x)
"Jake and I have been trying to work together for years and this came up and he was so passionate about it and Maureen is a totally different character to anything I’ve done before." (x)
Jake On Rachel
"To Rachel, who is basically the world's most beloved creature" (x)
"She's easy on th eyes so you kinda want to watch her" (x)
"As Gillian Welch says, 'Some girls are blessed with a dark turn of mind.' She has that beautiful darkness but exudes a real, true light. To be dark and light at the same time is as rare as it is infectious" (x)
"Deep down inside, I know she wants to be home and go to her local co-op. I think if you told her she would live a life where she wasn’t an actress, exactly half of her would be genuinely fine with that. Actors say that but deep down want to be the star of the show. But she’s a really private person." (x)
"I don't like to use the word hard when it comes to making movies. Keeping my wits about me, you know? Working with somebody as amazing and beautiful as Rachel McAdams - that was the hardest thing." (x)
"Oh, she's so pretty. ... I don't think you can feel your legs beneath you on-stage from the Academy Awards. The fact that I didn't -- that I didn't trip on her dress was all I was excited about." (x)
"I was excited to come to work. And that’s no bull****. You can feel her heart when you are acting with her. I know the audience can, too, which is why people love to watch her." (x)
"She's also a joy to work with" (x)
"Oh man, you Canadians you get me. She's amazing. She's a lovely, lovely human being. She's a consummate professional and I adore her. She's probably one of the most strikingly beautiful creatures and she's a lovely human being. Working with her is is easy, particularly, the relationship is a love story and these two people are almost codependent in their love. They are really two different sides of the same coin. You meet Rachel and your heart just opens. I know you know that as an audience member, even if you met her before, working with her is the same thing watching her. She's easy to fall for." (x)

Fun Facts
01. Presented together at the 2010 Oscars
02. Worked together on "Southpaw" (2015)
03. They are currently both signed at the same agency (WME)

Previous Threads

Special thanks to sundaystorms & McAdamsDaily for the edits!

Last edited by winterbird; 06-11-2016 at 10:34 AM