View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 06:22 AM
baileycat
Fan Forum Star

Matthew Lewis on Alan Rickman (from Fault Magazine)
Quote:
Alan Rickman must have been a pillar for both yourself and your career. How did you react when the news came through of his passing?

I was at Leavesden Studios the other day, visiting the set of Fantastic Beasts and I was with the producer who did all the Harry Potter films. He was taking me around the studio when the news came through. We were both just completely stunned. But also, to be in the studio when that came through, suddenly every room that I went into, every corridor that I walked down on, I suddenly remembered a story or an image of Alan. It got a bit odd. It was quite surreal. But also, powerfully moving as well. It was quite nice to be there. All those happy memories came flooding back and I got quite nostalgic actually. I went back home last night and just watched loads of interviews with him. It’s hard to describe. On his last day, I had a cup of tea with him in his trailer and we just sat and chatted about the future of my career and what I should do. He just offered me advice in where I should go and he said some things to me that filled me with a lot of confidence. And when you hear those sorts of things from someone of his stature, his ability, it means a lot.