View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 07:45 PM
reason to believe
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
We talked about that before, they have the strongest bound you can think of. After all they have seen, after all they have been through, it's impossible that there will be an other partner in their life. They can try but it won't work out. They would always compare and the other one would always loose. Mulder & Scully will be a couple for the rest of their lives, no matter if they have sex or not. But I'm quite sure Mulder wants this intimacy to come back. You could feel that in S10.
I like their long lasting opposite sex relationship cause it mirrors real life at least to me. I've had a relationship online with a guy for 11 years which began as long distance bf/gf and even after that didn't move forward, even tho we've met in person, we've been what you could call "best friends" for about 7 years after that, so it's nice for me to see Mulder and Scully maintain such a long trusting relationship despite romance perhaps not working out there is no bad blood between them and they still talk and care. It can totally happen, I've lived this.

(Except in my case, he has a new gf now for 2 years and despite our 11 year relationship/friendship, I'm being "Diana Fowley'd" in a slow burn, lol. I guess it's inevitable sadly cause girl that's a friend doesn't compete with girlfriend! All I can do is sit in my car in a parking garage and look sad now lol )