View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I completely agree with you. It hasn't been that long and it seems weird for her to mention her dead boyfriend to the man she's currently in a relationship with and JUST slept with. On the one hand I like that it didn't seem to bother him, her mentioning it, but it bothered me.
And then she did it again when she brought up Milton!

And the problem I had with Simmons bringing up her "dead boyfriend" like that wasn't about whether she loved Will or had gotten over him (apparently she has). It wasn't really about whether Fitz was okay about it either, because even when they thought Will was still alive Fitz already demonstrated how extremely understanding he was about the situation.

The problem I had with it was that throughout 3A Simmons wasn't just upset about leaving Will behind, she was very upset about how the situation with Will hurt Fitz. She avoided telling Fitz about Will for as long as she could, only asking for his help because she thought she had no choice. And she was upset that Fitz, though helpful, basically shut down after she told him about Will. It bothered her enough that she blew up at Fitz about it, which lead to their first kiss and "we're cursed".

So even if Fitz is okay about Will and even if he's secure in his relationship with Jemma (and I would totally understand if he's not at all secure about it, considering how long he though she didn't feel the same way about him, and how new their relationship is now), it seems jarring to me that Jemma would bring up something that she thought hurt Fitz in the past in such a cavalier way.