View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Red Dragon
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalâ—˜fate (View Post)

Even though I've felt that Enzo has been a pointless character most of the time. I actually like him a bit this season. As shown, Enzo is a character who just wants to be loved.
Also I find the Bonnie/Enzo relationship believable because it happened in a span of three years, he didn't just fall in love over night.

He loved Damon as a brother because of the torture they went through in the past.

He loved Lily because she did sire him and he really loved how she was and in his eyes, she was the only one who didn't betray him.

So I don't see that Enzo is loving anyone quickly, all the relationships has been establish in their own ways even if we didn't like it.

Enzo was mooning over Caroline but he never truly fell in love with her.
Everyone can have their crushes, it doesn't mean they are in love.
Yeah, I was never sure whether he just liked Caroline as a friend/liked being around her or whether he had a crush. My view was that it was a crush. The only reason he didn't want Caroline when she came on to him that time was because she had her humanity turned off, and so wasn't really the Caroline Enzo cared about. I think he quit thinking of her that way around the time he realized she was in love with Stefan. Then the jealousy came out of how everyone chooses Stefan (and by everyone, I mean Damon. )

I actually like Enzo quite a lot as a character (and have enjoyed watching him every season, no matter what crappy storyline they give him) and always felt like he was just misused by the storylines. Maybe it is just Michael I like, or maybe I just like Enzo's devotion and desire to love and be loved.

So mainly I'm just frustrated that they didn't use/treat his character better...I feel like they never had a really strong vision for what they wanted to do with him.

~Katie~