View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 06:08 PM
lyndell75
Fan Forum Hero

Breaking News
Fox Pulls Out of Comic-Con 2016 over Piracy Concerns | Collider
Quote:
.......Last year, SDCC was plagued by a couple of major leaks: one was the Suicide Squad sizzle reel and another was the first footage from 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool. Now, rather than go to Comic-Con and risk exclusive footage hitting the web, Fox had decided to forgo the trip altogether.

Per The Wrap, Fox has decided not to showcase its upcoming movie releases in Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con this year as it feels it can’t prevent the piracy of custom trailers or exclusive footage. That means no panel for Michael Fassbender’s highly anticipated Assassin’s Creed, no first look at Wolverine 3, no footage from Maze Runner: The Death Cure, and no flashy announcement about upcoming X-Men films like Gambit or Deadpool 2..........

Marvel has sat out Hall H before, and I imagine their presence will start to become more diminished as Disney’s own fan convention, D23, becomes bigger and bigger each year. And will Disney—a Comic-Con mainstay—even make the trip this year? Again, I’m willing to bet that Fox isn’t the only major studio sitting Comic-Con out this summer, and we could be seeing the end of an era here as the marketing monstrosity that is San Diego Comic-Con is simply becoming too unwieldy.