View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 09:09 PM
WeBuiltThePyramids
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
But it's not like there weren't any Cabe/Walter scenes. Just off the top of my head I can think of a couple in Crazy Train and Dam Breakthrough. The writers just decided to explore another relationship this season too, which I think is a good thing.
Yeah, but while it's a good thing to explore other dynamics, they really pulled back on Cabe/Walter, which was established in the pilot as being very complex and throughout S1 as really important. It really ticked me off how in 2.06 everyone was talking about how Elia was Walter's father figure, because like no, they spent the entirety of S1 showing how Cabe was Walter's father figure and how important that relationship was, then all of a sudden in S2 they're flat out saying that Walter's father figure was someone else. Like even taking the time to type that paragraph out has my hands shaking I'm so angry about it.

And like Heidi said, with all the emotional issues Walter has dealt with, with Megan, Paige, Ralph, and Toby, I'm really disappointed that they didn't have him look to Cabe for any of that, or have Cabe come to him. Yeah, it's great that he sensed Toby needed him, but I can't believe he hasn't sensed that Walter may need him too. He can explore his relationship with another character without a previous relationship just being pushed aside.