View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 10:00 PM
reason to believe
Fan Forum Hero

I was reading an old article from 1998 on the set of the "Fight the Future" movie and I was amused by David's description of the end of the movie. Of course, we know now what the end was, but I would like to have seen his idea somewhere lol

Duchovny considers one rumor swirling around the movie: Mulder and Scully nearly have a sex scene and then something happens-the rules of the relationship are changing.

"The rules?" muses Duchovny. "Yeah, well, what happens is that Scully gets a gift of that book ‘The Rules' from her mother. She reads it and then she gives Mulder a copy of ‘Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus,' and the rest of the movie basically plays out like ‘My Best Friends Wedding' with stunts and without Ruper Everett."

Duchovny shakes his head. "Chris [Carter] is gonna kill me for telling you this," he says, "but in the last scene, Mulder and Scully are in bed together. She's reading ‘Bridges of Madison County'; he's reading ‘The Horse Whisperer.' And they're both weeping because of the profundity of those masterworks. I'm getting a little choked up just talking about it. And then they turn to each other, and no words need to be said. We fade out."