View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 11:49 AM
KitscherSunk
Addicted Fan

Trust me, not everyone in the U.S. media is dumb enough to not know where Turkey is.

My only reason for pointing out his shirt and the thing about Americans traveling overseas is that he is wearing a shirt with Texas on it. It's been my experience that people outside the U.S. know much more about our country, including its geography, than the average American knows about theirs.

Americans do still routinely get warnings about traveling overseas from our government, even now. But as I also pointed out, he's in Italy, not a particularly troubled or volatile country where -- I'm assuming -- you have to be extra vigilant being American.

Taylor lives in the U.S. but is of course still Canadian true and true.

I assumed the girls in the photo were North American.

Sorry to sound snarky. It just irks me when non-Americans assume ALL of us are just the stereotypical dumb American. An Australian friend of mine used to be really condescending about it and he drove me nuts. Many in the U.S. are indeed lacking in knowledge of the world and international affairs. Just not ALL of us.

Sorry -- I'm sure you meant no harm. I really need to start having my caffeine before I post.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 04-11-2016 at 12:17 PM