View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Always & Forever
Fan Forum Legend

OK, I'm just bringing over my post from my Reality TV board, so you can see everything I had to say about the finale!

I didn't get around to watching the finale until Friday night at 10:30. I had gone ALL DAY without ever finding out who won & I am so glad I was able to! I watched the whole finale with baited breath and just knew La'Porsha was gonna win anyway, but I wanted to watch it all the way through. OHMIGOSH!!! I was shocked, SHOCKED when Ryan said Trent's name, but I was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!! I wanted him to win so bad (especially after MacKenzie was eliminated). Of course, I figured people would say it was another upset (like Season 8 & Season 14, to me), but I don't care! Trent came out and did what he had to do and HE DID IT!

All the finale performances were great! I loved seeing all the former Idols and Kelly's hits medley was great! She does have a lot of hits! I thought the arrangement was really neat and the a cappella of "Moment..." at the end was beautiful! Speaking of beautiful, Jessica Sanchez' "The Prayer" was absolutely breath-taking! If Carrie hadn't performed, I would have said Jessica's performance was my favorite of the night, but of course, it was Carrie's! I am surprised, but glad, she sang, "Something...Water". I thought she would have done one of her latest singles, but she was incredible and I know that song means a lot to her, as Idol does, so I guess she wanted to tie the two together. Her duet with Keith was great & fun, too!

The "WGWG" medley was great! It was fun seeing them all up there with their guitars!

Colton singing "Through All Of It" was the best. The best! And Clark's Motown singing made me only see more that he should have won last year, but he's still doing great and playing shows around the country, without the Idol title.

Bummed to find out there's not going to be an Idol tour this year. I guess they want to get the Idols into the studio(s) ASAP.

Anyway, a few news articles about the finale & what's next for Trent!
And Your Final American Idol Is…
‘American Idol’ Winner Trent Harmon Talks ‘Voice’ Past, Musical Future

Oh, and Brian Dunkleman.
Original 'American Idol' cohost Brian Dunkleman returned for the finale and admits he never got along with Ryan Seacrest

Also, MacKenzie's song, "Roses" is on iTunes now!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street