View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 07:14 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Exactly. I can't stand her in that episode. And then it was Bay who ended up apologizing and what was worse was Regina saying she has to move on and can't grieve Angelo forever. I'm pretty sure that one day doesn't mean you aren't moving on.

Another reason it really bothers me is because she was probably going to Will's recital because she was trying to be a supportive step-mother since he only had his dad. Bay only has Regina in a biological sense and yet she chooses Will

Sorry, I don;t mean to talk trash against Regina's relationship with Bay in this thread but it comes from a place of frustration because I want so very much to see them have a mother and daughter bond and it feels so one-sided on Bay's part
There's not much I can add to this discussion. I agree with everything that everyone is saying. I tell myself that the writers were trying to be realistic with what might happen if a mother truly had to deny her biological daughter's existence for thirteen years, but geesh, there's realism and there's realism, and this mother-daughter relationship has just been SO HARSH.

Why couldn't the writers have showed us more of the progress that Bay and Regina made when they lived together during the summer of 2013? I know Bay was preoccupied with Ty, but it would have been nice to have seen more depth between Bay and Regina that summer.

Maybe that depth is just not there and never will be. Maybe Regina is a shallow character. Daphne sure seems to be. But at least with Daphne, she's young. I can tell myself that she will grow to have depth one day.

I don't know. I'm grasping at straws. I just know that I don't like the person Regina seems to be. I want to appreciate Bay and Regina, but Regina needs to appreciate Bay first.

It's especially sad, too, because I can think of so many scenes where Regina truly appreciates the person Daphne is. Why can't Bay receive some of that?

That scene where Regina puts Will before Bay was difficult for me to watch. I told myself that the writers penned it, because the writers needed a way for Bay to learn to NOT put her nuclear family ahead of the family she may build one day with a man.

But that doesn't seem to be what the writers did with that scene in the end. Bay never reached any epiphany, where she exclaimed, "Oh, I was foolish to put Daphne and Regina ahead of my partner Emmett."

Instead, Bay said, "He's still mad at me for taking the fall for Daphne, but I don't regret that. I had to do it." And she never changed her mind about that.

Bay is true blue to Daphne to the end, even though Daphne has never once been true blue to her, even after Bay took the fall for her.

I guess I'm supposed to take all of these relationships at face value. I don't think viewers are meant to look deeply.