View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 10:20 PM
hopeless romantic
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Sure she's busy, but they could've released sneak peeks, more trailers etc. Last couple of years had heaps more promo and I don't think it involved Tat going on more shows.
I've seen several interviews with her wearing the same ugly dress (IOW, she did them on the same day without bothering/having time to change) and have heard her talk about her current fatigue levels.

I don't know about you, but I don't want her to get sick because she's tired.

I'm quite certain that TPTB don't want her to get sick period.

So, if promo schedules are relying more on people who aren't as crucial to the success of the show (I hate to say this, but if Donny has to die for the actor playing him to have enough of a life to want to stay on the show, etc. -- would you really be as upset as if Tatiana had a physical/mental breakdown based on working as many hours as she does?!?/ how would you schedule all of the promotion for this/the next season (based on whatever seems quite likely given contract patterns?!?).

Add in the fact that she finally got her Emmy nomination, which is quite enough for many shows top brass to sing about how they created a star, then to want to ride his/her coat-tails to movie stardom, so they want her healthy enough to not die of exhaustion....

Television may be in its "Golden Age," but Orphan Black is still being created by a tiny affiliate/subset of BBC and isn't always easily viewed worldwide, making it a growing market for the network but still not a powerhouse like the major American networks (which are, largely, in decline) or the premium networks (which are fighting tooth and nail to garner and hold on to viewership).

So the idea that the promotion for this season hasn't been a very careful balancing act strikes me as... TPTB paying more attention to what worked last year and the years before (especially since web viewing -- and especially the phenomenon of block viewing on demand are now so common); then trying to be practical.