View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 08:39 PM
AliasLBW85
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
Perfect description. They were a couple I easily could have found insufferable. But there was such a realness to their scenes that kept them from being too saccharine.
They were real because they had to deal with some heavy issues. Was their baby healthy? Should Jane take the test? Seeing Jane help Rafael to search for his mother for answers why she left. I loved how Jane was so persistent in trying to find out why Rafael broke up with her, and realizing that he had met with his mother after all these years. I loved that she told him she would have been there for him if he had told her....

None of the childish fantasy of "old school Jane and Michael" reading romance novels, and avoiding all talk of issues they face as they head towards marriage. There should have been a discussion on how they will navigate their lives which will include Rafael as Mateo's father. That should have taken place before that whole house hunting arc. And why can't Jane take money from Rafael for Mateo. I recall Jane telling him when she was pregnant that she wanted it in writing that he was absolutely going to take care of this child financially". Surely she's getting some type of child support from Rafael that is none of Michael's business.
AliasLBW85 is offline   Reply With Quote