View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 04:39 PM
Ahiru77
Part-Time Fan

Watched episode 1 and 2. Without having looked at other people's opinions, these are my thoughts:

1. The story
It's played out WAY more interesting than I first thought. Most of the characters and actions are both interesting as fascinating and makes you want to know more. The pacing is great which is a relief for me since these kind of stories are susceptible to drag a lot or have filler that don't really add anything.

2. Visuals
Drop dead gorgeous. The locations and scenarios are mesmerizing to watch. They use awesome visual effects to convey drama.

3. Music
Haunting and exciting. The personal drama these characters are going through is greatly enhanced by the dark bass score that is they use in a timely manner.

4. Cast
The cast really great. Hugh Dancy displays the cult leader as charismatic yet stern, which easily makes you understand why the characters would follow the guy's every word. He has a nice realistic vibe to him. Michelle Monaghan is well choosen as the wife who was raised in the cult. Her "floatiness" fits with the character, but luckily she doesn't exaggerate it like it's done in most cult-based movies. Really everyone comes across as believable. It's well directed.

But really the most important thing to note is....

Aaron Paul is the most incredible performer of the 21st century!!!!
His unlimited range, his realism, being fantastic all without an "acting-gimmick". Everytime I think I've already seen how he does a certain emotion, he delivers a variation on that emotion with such splendor.

I need a poet!!!