View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 03:09 AM
hopeless romantic
Addicted Fan

I'm excited.

I'm not without trepidation, because I've lived too long and seen too many promising shows let themselves get boxed in to "a formula that works" or have seen stars that have outshone the premise of the show.

I've seen too much reliance on technology and too little on story, I've seen too much reliance on story and too little reliance on character -- and vice versa.

I've seen shows that proceed at break-neck speed slow down, and I've seen shows build to break-neck speed only to prove that there wasn't really ever any "there" there.

But the last episode of OB killed the cynical part of me. So many questions that had been planted in the first episode et seq got answers, and yet those answers have nothing to do with "where do we go from here?"

The human question of "how do I live with the fact that, instead of having a mom and dad who loved me (or at least biological parents who were horny and did the deed), I was created as an experiment into what would happen if they swapped out this sequence of DNA for another seems like a very "Neolution" idea, and I'm not even remotely sure what I would do if I found out that I was part of a secret drug trial, let alone a secret cloning trial, but I'm quite certain that, with all of the other stuff the soestras have gone through, chasing the question of how to continue to take back their lives will continue to be fertile ground for the writers/actors/crew.

(BTW, have you even seen the promo photos?!?)!!!!!