View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 05:09 AM
jarlath1
New Fan

Everyone except Dawson which I think it kind of the point of the statement about Pacey and Joey becoming closer. I don't think anyone was trying to say that Pacey knew her better, just that he knows things about her (and remembers everything) from their time together. And I don't think it was a low blow, it was an observation.

Hmmm...This is an interesting observation. However, I think AsgardianJane was indeed making the argument that Pacey knows Joey better than Dawson ('I'm talking about understanding a person. The difference between knowing what someone did and why they did it, the way they think.'). My understanding of what AsgardianJane is saying here is that while Dawson knows more about what Joey 'did' (the things that happened in her life), Pacey actually understands her better. My point was the opposite. She doesn't get Dawson to write the essay on her college application becausae he can list off the things that happened to Joey in her life, but because he is the best person to explain what kind of a person she is, because he knows her better than anyone else in her life (including her current boyfriend). Dawson doesn't just know things about her - he knows her. Well, we might say, if he knows her so well, why on earth did he not realise in Season 1 that she was in love with him? The answer to this is fairly obvious and is made clear in their final scene in that Season: dawson is afraid of what falling in love will mean for their relationship because he is afraid of growing up. Everyone also knows that he is in love with Joey, but just doesn't want to face up to it. Does he 'know' she is in love with him...? Probably. He just doesn't want to face up to what that means.
jarlath1 is offline   Reply With Quote