View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 06:13 AM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

I had about 10 minutes to catch up before leaving for work, but man, it's going to take more than 10 minutes to soak all this in, so I will have to revisit this tonight.

Keep it coming, I'm loving the different POVs.

I only have time to comment on one thing.

Quote:
The writers didn’t do much to please Pacey/Joey fans in this season…apart from keeping Dawson and Joey apart for much of it for spurious reasons (having Dawson blame Joey for the death of his father was one of the lowest things the writers ever did to him). There was no ‘backtracking’ of the ‘Coda’ kiss. There was just no resolution of it (until a very bad season finale). If they did little to please Joey/Pacey fans, they did very little to please Dawson/Joey fans either. Putting Joey with Prof. Wilder! Getting Dawson and Jen back together (and then having them live together and then splitting up in the course of a few months…ridiculous!) Let’s all admit it – the final two seasons were (apart from a couple of episodes and a couple of characters here and there) a washout, with little to please either of the shippers.
The writers did a few things like that which were uncharacteristic of some of the characters:

- Joey blaming Dawson for her father in S2
- Andie cheating on Pacey
- Pacey blowing up at Joey
- Jack spiralling in University
- Audrey's drunken bar bash while singing

I actually liked when they put Dawson and Jen together because I never really thought they had a great shot in the first season since Dawson was just too young to really know what was going on.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 03-07-2016 at 06:20 AM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote