View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 08:15 PM
msgeemd
Part-Time Fan

Ok, I loved the camaraderie although brief between Abbie and Jenny (and would like more of these scenes), even though Abbie's purpose was to distract her from seeing the symbol. And, the brunch scene with all of them together was great. Glad to see Jenny and Crane are fully aware Abbie is hiding something and not herself. IMO, Jenny and Joe are cute together however, If the purpose of their relationship is to distract most of the fandom from wanting Ichabbie to get romantically involved then I think the SH writers are deceiving themselves. J & J's romance is not a substitute for A & C and never will be. Nicole Beharie and Tom Mison are such great actors, Abbie, almost letting Crane die was troubling and I felt their anguish. Abbie is vulnerable and Crane is so gentle with her, it only endears me to him more (Man, has he changed from previous seasons and I think for the better). I personally like Shannyn and Peter however, in this episode their backstory bored me. I laughed outloud at Jenny's response to the new RV (priceless) . She's my kind of girl. The Mills sisters are both so intelligent and fierce (I love them both) and I love the men in their lives. Abbie finally opening up to Crane and telling him she needs his help was great. A couple of questions though?? What is Crane's job exactly? how, does he earn a living? Also, I thought surely we'd get a conversation between the sisters regarding meeting their father for the first time in many years and we got nothing. This is one of the things that bothers me with SH, where is the continuity?. I am pretty sure however, we will get some other episodes with their father and I look forward to them. I know this is random---(But I really miss Orlando Jones, I really do). All in all, I thought this was an okay episode. Not thrilling!! but ok.

Last edited by msgeemd; 03-04-2016 at 08:24 PM