View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 02:35 AM
Laleb
Dedicated Fan

More about the dress on People:
Rachel McAdams’ Oscar Dress Is So New It Hasn’t Even Come Down the Runway Yet – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Quote:
The actress’s jade backless silk slip dress is from up-and-coming, L.A.-based designer August Getty’s forthcoming collection which will show in Paris on March 5. People spoke with McAdam’s stylists Rob Zangardi and Mariel Haenn about her choice for the big night, enthusing, “the second she put it on she was like, whoa, this is so amazing, this is the dress.” But originally, the Best Supporting Actress nominee and her team thought this look would be her Vanity Fair after party dress so they trimmed off that statement-making 5-foot train. However, when the actress texted the stylists that she couldn’t stop thinking about the gown, they immediately called Getty who quickly whipped them up a whole new train to replace the one they’s shorn off the night before the ceremony.
So it wasn't originally their first choice for the red carpet. Rachel must have really liked it What did you guys think? My only reservation was that they could have had a steamer with them on their way to the red carpet so that they could have got rid of the wrinkles around her stomach area but whatever

Kayleen did a collage of Rachel's award season looks to thank Team McAdams Which one was your favorite? I think mine was the Golden Globes look and Critics' Choice Awards I loved her make up at the Globes