View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 07:18 PM
miranstarr
Fan Forum Star

The Brothership (Thor&Loki | Chris&Tom) #31: They'll argue and slap each other as Ragnarok rains down on them!

Welcome to the 31st

"Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother! ’"
~ Thor

"I love Thor more dearly than any of you."
~ Loki

ϟ

ODINSONS

"Thor and Loki are defined by each other."
~ Tom Hiddleston

"They’re brothers, you know? Anyone with siblings understands that. ‘That’s it, I’m never talking to you again… want to play football?’"
~ Chris Hemsworth

Thor had an idyllic childhood, brought up in Asgard as the treasured son of Odin and his wife Frigga. His best friend and playmate was his adopted brother Loki, and though they were rivals for their father's throne, they still remained close companions. Brought up in the warrior culture of the Asgardians, Thor valued strength, courage, and loyalty above all else. He desired to be exactly like his father the war hero, and often remarks on the monsters he will slay and the wars he will win when he is king. He proves himself a great warrior, often leading his band of warriors (which includes Loki, the Lady Sif, and the Warrior Three) on adventures. However, he is also known to be reckless when Loki jokingly reminds him that he would be dead had he not used a smoke veil to allow them to escape during one battle. Although Odin chose him as his heir, he openly remarked that he thought Thor was a "vain, greedy, cruel boy" after Thor started an ill-advised war against the Frost Giants. It is later revealed that Loki was never in contention for the throne because of his Frost Giant heritage, meaning that regardless of his boyish attitude, Thor was always meant to be king.

Adopted by Odin and Frigga at the end of the Asgardians' war with the jotuns, Loki was treated as a prince of Asgard and was never informed of his true heritage throughout his youth. Loki is smaller and thinner, and has darker eye and hair colour while paler in complexion than the Asgardians and is treated with less respect and acceptance because of it. Throughout their childhood it is implied that Loki spent much of his time trying to prove himself as Thor's equal while being ridiculed for his obvious inadequacies which led to him studying sorcery and magic instead of trying to acquire strength that he would never attain. Admittedly jealous of his step-brother, Thor, and anxious about a kingdom ruled by the loud and violent God of Thunder, Loki allowed several Jotuns to enter Asgard who then proceeded to try and steal the Casket of Ancient Winters during Thor's coronation. Later Loki admits that it was 'just a bit of fun' meant to ruin his brother's special day and to keep Asgard from his reign for a short while longer. In the wake of this intrusion, Thor opted to launch a counterattack on Jotunheim with a number of his friends, and while Loki initially tried to dissuade his brother, he eventually relented and accompanied him, though he left word with a servant to immediately inform their father of the plan to prevent any further harm.

ϟ

Loki: It's too late to stop it!
Thor: No. We can. Together.

FANS
Hawthorn
dream once more
quin611
eireanne
kgp1217
sprezzatura
Chasing Fireflies
Sparkleyღ
Talkative One
snatches of sunshine
miranstarr
Goldenrose
flightless♥bird
L i N d $ @ y
Summer Falls
hiddleskittlesღ
Lei D Loki
lisagslack14
misst89
LucyGu
baelfire24
B.Chambers
acoustichearts
KeepThisaSecret
*Amethyst*
wickedrum
BehindBlueEyes
cap'n cook
sourburst
More Than That
a new hope
eternalfate
thepoison

"Brother, however I have wronged you, whatever

I have done that has led you to do this..
I am truly sorry."

x

PREVIOUS THREADS
01 . 02 . 03 . 04 . 05 . 06 . 07 . 08 . 09 . 10
11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . 18 . 19 . 20
21 . 22 . 23 . 24 . 25 . 26 . 27 . 28 . 29 . 30

x

Last edited by Summer Falls; 06-18-2018 at 06:36 AM
miranstarr is offline   Reply With Quote