View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 04:35 PM
Drunk On You
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon_Ami (View Post)
Hello all! I am so glad to have found your forum for two reasons: 1) I have no friends who read this genre and it is a lonely place to be with a story such as this!! and 2) I'm glad to not have to read only opinions of people who read the series and yet seem to hate it...don't get that and not interested in those opinions. Ugh!

So, this quote had me stumped upon reading it as well until I read it outloud to my dh and then I got it ( I think). Dancer is discussed in the past tense of when she was the 14 year old MEGA ("she'd felt safe") whereas Ryodan is discussed in the present tense in her current age and maturity ("makes her feel safe"). When read in that context, it really adds a depth to her relationship with Ryodan it seems.
That's a good theory.

Quote:
I agree with you, but I think right now, given.. everything that's happening it's best to get the focus book on her books and away from the negativity.

But otherwise, yes, it's not everyone's cup of tea, and so not everyone will like every book she writes. That's not her, that's just an individual opinion.
And it's not even about that issue. Honestly I have thought this for awhile. Some of them are a little too much for me. It's like heaven forbid if someone actually doesn't like the book or the series or how the series has turned.

April